3 heads green cabbage, shredded in a food processor
1 bunch kale, chopped
packet of veggie culture starter
optional( 2 cups wakame ocean vegetables, soaked, drained, spine removed and chopped
1 Tbsp Dill seed
1. Dissolve a package of culture starter in 1/2 cup of warm water (not hot). Add a small amount of some form of sugar like honey, agave, or Body Ecology EcoBloom. Let mixture sit for about 20 minutes or longer.
2. Combine ingredients in a large bowl. (except for culture starter it will be added later)
3. Remove several cups of this mixture and put into a blender.
4. Add enough filtered water to make brine the consistancy of a thick juice. Add culture starter and blend well, add this brine bask into the first mixture and stir well.
5. Pack mixture down into a glass canning jar. Use a wooden spoon or potato masher tp pack the veggies tightly.
6. Fill the jar almost full, but leave about 2 inches of room at the top for expansion.
Roll up several cabbage leaves into a tight roll and place them on top to fill the remaining 2 inch space. Put lid on tightly.
Let veggies sit at room temperature for at lease 3 days. A week is even better, then refrigerate to slow down the fermentation.
Eat and enjoy!
*Information by Body Ecology