For over 40 years Coconut Oil has gotten some really bad publicity from other oil producers and the medical community which still exists today, but nothing could be further from the real truth about this beneficial superfood. It’s been said that Coconut Oil is loaded with saturated fat and that is true, but it’s only half the truth. Coconut Oil has saturated fats, but these saturated fats DO NOT cause any problems with cholesterol or increase the risk of heart disorder. On the contrary, Coconut Oil is loaded with lauric acid, oleic acid (omega-6), gamma linolenic acid (GLA) and conjunctive linoleic acid (CLA) which are highly beneficial nutrients and have wonderful health benefits. Islanders have been consuming coconuts for hundreds of years, sometimes over 50% of their entire diet. Heart disease is almost non-existent in these cultures.
The Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Lauric acid helps boost the immune system and has natural anti-bacteria, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
- Omega-6 helps keep healthy arteries, veins and heart function. It also helps with using fat in your blood and excess fat in the liver to be burned as energy which helps with increase athletic performance and weight loss.
- CLA has the same fat burning ability as omega-6
- GLA has hormone balancing benefits for men and especially women with premenstrual syndrome and menopause problems. Contributes to the reduction of LDL (bad cholesterol) and raising HDL (good cholesterol).
- An excellent oil to cook with giving food a really nice, light flavor and it’s a healthier oil to use to fry foods with because Coconut Oil has a higher heat index than other common cooking oils.
- Remedy for skin problems and scalp conditions like dandruff and eczema.
- Coconut Oil has been shown in research data that it helps with thyroid problems.