Talk to the farmers. Make sure their produce is locally grown. Make sure they don’t use chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, insecticides, etc. No, it does NOT have to be organic as long as they grow food properly. It is very time consuming and expensive for farmers to be certified organic. Always support local. Grow your own garden!
- KCMO. http://www.thecitymarket.org – Sat. 6am-3pm. Sun. 7am-3pm.
- Parkville. http://www.parkvillemo.net/parkvillemo/events.jsp
- Blue Springs. http://www.localharvest.org/blue-springs-farmers-market-M29764
- Overland Park. http://www.downtownop.org/farmers_market.html
- Olathe. http://www.olatheks.org/calendar/2009/04/25/FarmersMarket
- Gardner. http://gardnerfarmersmarket.com/default.aspx
- Merriam. http://www.merriam.org/park/Marketplace/farmers-market.htm
Raw Farm Products