Acne Skin Steam & Toner
- 1 oz neem leaf
- 1 oz rosemary cut
- 1 oz astragalus root cut
- 1 oz green tea cut
- ½ oz chamomile flowers
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops helichrysum essential oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bag and shake. To do facial steam; place 2 tablespoons of the dry herb mixture in a pot on the stove. Add 2 cups of filtered water (distilled is best). Add tea tree + lavender essential oils to the pot. Turn the stove on and bring it to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, take it off the stove and place the pot on a hot pad on a table. Sit down in front of the pot and situate yourself so that your face is 10-12 inches above the pot. Place a large towel over your head and make sure it covers around to the sides of the pot completely. Allow the steam to permeate your pores while you are breathing the steam in. Do this for 10-15 minutes. Once you are finished, allow the mixture to cool and place it in a container in the fridge. The liquid can be strained out and used as a toner twice a day before putting any oil or moisturizer on your skin. This is good for 7-10 days in the fridge.
If you don’t have time to make this recipe at home, you can buy our Botanical Beauty Facial Steam Blend filled only with organic and wildcrafted herbs.
BOTANICAL BEAUTY TONER:
- Do Botanical Beauty Facial Steam for 10-15 mins. Let cool & strain contents into a spray bottle. Add 8-10 drops of your favorite essential oils to the steam for an extra skin beautifying bonus! (Frankincense, Lavender, Myrtle, Sandalwood, Rose, Carrot Seed Oil are all amazing ones for the skin). Store in fridge and use twice a day for a soothing, anti-aging toner. Can use up to 10 days.