- 2 cans of wild caught tuna (preferably from BPA-free can/package) OR 2-6oz fresh Ahi Tuna fillets (cooked)
- 3-4 Tbsp Homemade Mayonnaise or store bought Vegenaise (soy-free)
- 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 dill pickle – finely chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp red onion – finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced celery (optional)
- 1 tsp dried lemon flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Place tuna in a bowl and using a fork break up the tuna into a flaky texture. Mix in all ingredients, adding in any optional flavors you desire. Add more mayo for a “sticky” version or less for a more fluffy texture. Serve in lettuce wraps, on sliced cucumbers or on nori (seaweed) sheets. Add sliced avocado or tomato or any other topping desired. Substitute wild caught salmon for tuna as a fun change.
*As an alternative to canned fish, we will often grill fresh, wild caught Ahi Tuna fillets for dinner and whatever leftovers we have will get used up the next day for an amazing fish salad. To cook fresh Ahi Tuna – warm a grill pan to medium heat and sear each side of the fillet in olive oil for 4 minutes. Keep the lid on during the cooking time for a more well cooked fillet.