Understanding The Endocrine System - Pineal
The pineal gland is one of the smallest and most important endocrine glands in the body. Located in the center of the brain close to the pituitary gland, the pineal gland gets its name from its characteristic pine cone shape. It is also known as the pineal organ or the pineal body. This small gland controls your body’s sleep-wake pattern. However, due to lots of factors, calcification of the pineal gland can occur, hampering brain function. Remedies to decalcify the pineal gland should immediately be taken.
The pineal gland has several critical functions including the secretion of melatonin (the hormone that causes sleepiness, regulation of certain endocrine and immune system functions). The gland also helps the body to convert signals from the nervous system to signals in the endocrine system.
- Melatonin production
- Regulation of sleep cycle and circadian rhythm
- Receives light through the eyes from sunshine which stimulates hormone production
Symptoms of Pineal Weakness:
- Make sure you are drinking plenty of water
- Sunshine! The pineal is your light receptor and is crucial for hormone production throughout your entire body. Sun gazing is powerful and healing to the glands. You can practice watching the sunrise and sunset, slowly increasing your time each day
- Avoid tap water. Fluoride and chlorine calcifies, shrinks and damages the pineal gland
- Avoid fluoride from your dentist
- Keep the head sinus cavity clear of mucus and congestion
- Eat an alkaline diet; acidity damages the pineal and other glands.
- Seaweeds and iodine rich foods like black walnut, kelp, nori, dulse, etc.
- Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
- GREENS heal and alkalize the body. Eat your green, leafy vegetables!
- Avoiding dairy, grains and sugars.
- Choose fruit and ancient seed grains like quinoa, millet, amaranth, and buckwheat.
- Healthy fats such as coconut, avocado, olives, nuts, seeds, and fish.
- Nuts and seeds, especially those high in Vitamin E such as sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
Herbs & Supplements for the Pineal Gland:
- Raw Forest Foods - Pine Pollen: Pineal gland looks like a pine cone, and pine pollen is a powerful nutrient for the entire glandular system
- Nutrex - Bio Astin: Astaxanthin is an amazing antioxidant and protects your body so you can get a great suntan. You can absorb more light and sunshine with this product. The pineal gland is your light receptor and crucial to producing hormones for your entire body
- Synergy - Pure Synergy Superfood: Most amazing superfood greens powder on the market
- Harmonic Innerprizes - Toxin Therapy: Detoxify metals and chemicals out of the pineal gland
- Ojio - Chlorella & Spirulina: Greens are crucial for pineal function
- Synergy - Super Blue Green Algae
- Pines - Wheatgrass or alfalfa
- Cedar Bear - Xodine
- Spirit of Health Lymph Cleanse
Learn About Other Glands in the Endocrine System:
If you think you might have hormone imbalance, then take our free hormone assessment and we'll send you the results plus a free 29-day hormone balancing guide.