Hot Herbal Drink Recipes (No Coffee Needed)
Coffee isn't inherently bad for you, in fact, they have some great attributes, but our culture consumes it in an unhealthy amount. We encourage all of our clients to avoid coffee because most people load it up with sugar and processed dairy products. Additionally, if you are a regular coffee drinker, your body has most likely become reliant on it. This can cause adrenal issues along with a host of other hormonal imbalances. This is a dangerous situation.
If you are trying to wean off coffee, here are two herbal drink recipes that not only have a warm and bold flavor similar to coffee, but they also include many health benefits that can help with energy and focus without the crash.
Hot Mushroom Tonic
- 8oz homemade nut milk (coconut, almond, cashew, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon Chaga Hot Drink Powder (chaga, reishi, cacao, shilajit)
- 1 teaspoon maca
- *optional 4-6 drops liquid stevia
Bring nut milk to a simmer. Then carefully add nut milk and the rest of the ingredients to a blender. Blend for a few seconds and pour into a mug. Enjoy this beverage in the morning in place of coffee.
Hot Dandy Mocha
- 8oz boiling hot filtered water
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dandy Blend
- 2-3 tablespoons of homemade nut milk
- *optional 4-6 drops of vanilla creme flavored liquid stevia
- *optional 1/2 to 1 dropper full of cacao nibs extract
Bring water to a boil. Add Dandy Blend, coconut milk, optional stevia and cacao nibs extract to a coffee mug. Then carefully pour the boiling water into mug and stir until blended. Adjust stevia to taste. (recipe from Dandy Blend)