What is PEMF & iMRS Therapy?
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) has been used extensively for decades for many health issues, and results can be seen in animals as well as humans. The National Institutes of Health have made PEMF therapy a priority for research. In fact, the FDA has already approved many PEMF devices, some specifically to fuse broken bones, enhance wound healing, reduce pain and tissue swelling, support muscle function, and also to treat depression. Most therapeutic PEMF devices are considered safe by various standards and organizations.
More than 10,000 scientific papers are published about the effect of PEMF. Many of the initial studies have been carried out in Russia and Eastern Europe, but more research than ever is taking place in the United States. PEMF is a non-contact, non-invasive, non-pharmacological, and effective treatment for many conditions. Worldwide more than 2,000 double-blind studies have demonstrated PEMF therapy as safe and effective treatment for a variety of conditions while promoting and maintaining general cellular health and function.
iMRS is an abbreviation for "intelligent Magnetic Resonance Stimulation" and is one method of PEMF Therapy. The primary benefit of this method of treatment is the resonance effect of pulsating electromagnetic fields (PEMF) in the body. Vibrations are transmitted as purposeful information to unhealthy cells whose function has been stressed and disturbed. The new iMRS is intelligent because it is digital, programmable, and has an HRV (Heart Rate Variability) biofeedback system that automatically adjusts the intensity on the full body mat based on a sophisticated HRV biofeedback loop. Also, the iMRS professional system has a built-in database of over 250 conditions pre-programmed for all applicators and times. The iMRS is the world leader in Magnetic Resonance Stimulation and PEMF Therapy.
What is the iMRS used for?
- Eliminate Pain and Inflammation Naturally
- Get Deep and Rejuvenating Sleep
- Increase your Energy & Vitality
- Feel Stronger, Younger and More Flexible
- Keep your Bones Healthy and Strong
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Help Your Body to Heal and Regenerate
- Improve Circulation and Heart Health
- In Sports to improve performance, treat injuries and speed up recuperation
- Improve Respiratory Volume and enhanced Oxygenation
- For Depression
- For Strengthening the Immune System
- For Skin Complaints
iMRS for Sleep
After pain relief, the most popular use of pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy, is better sleep. No matter the reason people start using an Earth-based PEMF therapy, they notice better sleep quality. A four-week double-blind study with 101 patients proved the effects of PEMF therapy on insomnia. This was a 2001 study by R.B. Pelka. It found significant improvement in sleep with the PEMF group versus the placebo group. Here's why:
Based on EEG (electroencephalogram) studies accepted and proven by the medical community, our brain waves have four different stages of sleep, or states of consciousness: Alpha, Beta, Theta, and Delta. Beta is your alert, wakeful state. Alpha is your relaxed state. Theta is the state you are in right before you’re drifting off to sleep. Delta is the deepest state of sleep, and where regeneration happens. In these stages, you brain frequencies range from 0 to 30 Hz. Delta and Theta are low (0-5 Hz.) and awake Beta is around 15-30 Hz. When your brain is over-stimulated (15+Hz.), your body is unable to fall asleep. Most people that struggle with sleep issues fail to get to a Theta state. A good PEMF therapy mat like iMRS will entrain your mind to a slower frequency. There’s also been research to show that PEMF therapy increases the production of melatonin in the pineal gland. Melatonin is the hormone that helps you get to sleep and rejuvenate. Plus, melatonin has proven to be oncostatic, meaning it’s anti-cancer.
Laying on a PEMF therapy mat for eight minutes will take your brain down to a slow wave frequency. The brain in very electrical, so it’s susceptible to external fields. Doing this, along with getting your body on a schedule and going to bed by 10-11pm every night (circadian rhythm clock) has been proven to help people get better sleep.
1. There are three iMRS devices that Spirit of Health uses. Which one is best to use for each condition?
- Use Full Body Mat First - Always use the full body mat FIRST for best results. The full body mat opens up all the energy pathways, enhances circulation, and soothes the body and mind. It creates an ideal state for using the local applicators to get the best results possible. Position the head on the cable side of the mat. Since the unit switches polarity every two minutes, it does not matter which side is up, just make sure the head is towards the cable.
- Use Pillow Pad for Localized Issues - The pillow pad is ideal for localized application. The pad contains a pair of coils. The maximum flux density is obtained in the middle of the coils. Use the pillow pad to treat a local area for 8 minutes or more. There is no maximum time limit for using the pillow pad (or probe). You can read a book or watch TV while working on acute problems (injuries, pain, etc.) as long as you like.
- Symptoms for Pillow Pad use:
- Low back pain (lumbar), mid back (thoracic) or neck (cervical) problems
- Liver issues
- Digestive Problems, Pancreas issues
- Colon/ Bowel Problems
- Problems with Lungs
- Carpal Tunnel (both hands) or Feet issues (both feet)
- Use Probe for Focused "Spots" and Acupuncture Meridians - The probe is excellent for localized problems that are very focused. We tell people that if you can point your finger to the problem, use the probe.
- Symptoms for Probe Use:
- Small Joints (fingers, jaw, ankle, elbow, etc.)
- Localized Pain (tennis elbow, knee pain, arthritis of small joints)
- Indications for the head (eye, ear, jaw, sinuses, dental problem)
- Acupuncture - Use instead of needles on meridian points
- Symptoms for Probe Use:
- Symptoms for Pillow Pad use:
2. Even if You Feel Nothing, Something is Happening:
The most common sensations noticed with a "Mat ride" are warmth, tingling, and a pronounced relaxation. But do not be disappointed if you feel nothing. It is incorrect to assume if you do not feel it, nothing is happening. Unlike gravity, magnetic fields are hard to perceive but what you WILL feel over time is the many benefits. Based on thousands of patients, here is the feedback:
- 40-50% of the patients feel nothing during the first treatment
- 40% feel a pleasant warmth
- 10% feel tickling or other sensations
- 70-75% feel relaxation and a loosening of the muscles following treatment.
3. How can I achieve the best results?
- Drink water - 2 cups (16 oz) 15-30 minutes before a session. This is CRITICAL for success! Drink at least eight glasses of water or half your body weight in ounces each day.
- Don't overeat.
- Avoid radical diets, junk food, soft drinks, processed food, fast food, and sugar.
- Alkalize the body - Try fresh lemon juice in water in the morning. Also eat more alkalizing foods like vegetables (especially dark green leafy veggies), fruits, seeds, avocados, and certain nuts like almonds. Try to have a salad for lunch and dinner. We recommend following a diet like Eating by Design.
- Practice deliberate deep abdominal breathing during treatment.
- Add vitamins, minerals and trace elements to your daily intake through whole foods and good quality supplements. We recommend the following for daily use:
- Be aware of a possible healing crisis - as the body is healing you may feel cold or flu-like symptoms. This is normal as the body is detoxing toxins that have been stored in the body.
- Remove metal eyeglasses, metal jewelry, watches, and metal items from body and pockets (Just like you are going through airport security) before using an iMRS device.
- Do your iMRS Therapy regularly - every day, if possible.