The Health Revolution - It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times
Yes, that's right, A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, the classic novel. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... That's what is coming to America, and that's what is coming to health care in America. My hope is that we begin to see a shift in medicine. God has been pushed out of our medical system in every way. Think about it just briefly... According to our medical system:
- Diseases are incurable, and you will have them for life.
- Most disease is “auto-immune”, meaning your body malfunctioned and we don’t know why.
- Man-made synthetic pharmaceutical drugs are your only choice, for the rest of your life.
- Doctors let people know how long they have to live. (I thought only God knew that.)
- If a body part is sick, just cut it out because you don’t need it anymore.
- The sun is bad for you and causes cancer.
- The cure for cancer is best found with radiation and chemotherapy. In other words, poisoning the body is a better option than healing and restoring health to the body
- It is expected that you will get sick, get a disease, get arthritis, take drugs, lose your eyesight and in general live a life of increasing physical ailments until your final days on earth.
And the list goes on... It is very unfortunate that aging is now accepted as a very uncomfortable, degenerating experience with expectations of incurable age related diseases. In spite of all this, the truth is our God designed us to live long and healthy lives even into our 100’s. (See Genesis 6:3)
The God I know is the author of life. The God I know gave us sunshine, oceans, clean mountain streams, fresh air, food as instructed in Genesis 1:29, herbs, plants, trees and medicines made by His own hands. So why aren't these used in our medical system today? God has been pushed out; pushed out of government, pushed out of school and yes, pushed out of our health care and modern medicine. Look around at your own friends and family and you can see the consequences this has on humanity. God's heart is breaking... We have forgotten our source of life.
So here comes the revolution! It was the worst of times... We have created a culture of sickness, disease and premature death. This is the sickest generation we have seen ever in history. We have children with diseases unheard of just two generations ago. It was the best of times... There is nothing God loves to do more than to take a broken generation and bring life, healing, restoration and transformation. He desires to do it. So what is our part? We choose living foods, not dead and processed foods. We choose water, not Coca-Cola. We choose sunshine, not sunscreen and sunglasses (which blocks God’s healing power from entering your body, your temple…Ecclesiastes 11:7). We choose stewardship. We choose responsibility. We choose obedience. We choose plants, not drugs. We say, "no" to the lies. We say, "Yes" to the truth.
We choose God. We choose life. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Truth and life is found only in God's creations and the work of His beautiful, loving, caring and gentle hands.
"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." -Habakkuk 2:14